Despite many attempts to mimic the Hammond feel, sound and look over the years, none have quite hit the mark. Hammond have carved out a place in history and there is no sound or feel quite like an original Hammond. Over the years, Hammond have come up with a number of portable organs and now, for those dreaming of the latest portable dual-manual vintage Hammond, we have the Hammond SKX. This Hammond SKX review will outline the key features of the dual-manual.
Click image to view on Amazon
The Hammond SKX hits the nail on the head in terms of portability and functionality.
The Hammond SKX evolved from the SK line as a result of design suggestions from professionals and hobbyists and has become a hugely popular choice for Hammond enthusiasts.
This Dual-manual Digital Organ combines an authentic Hammond Organ (packed with features) with a whole array of keyboard voices making it a hugely versatile instrument. Despite the fact that it is feature rich, the instrument is lightweight at just 47.2 pounds.
- Dual-manual – two sets of 61 keys
- 100 Preset and 100 user patches
- Various sounds: Organs, Pianos, Electric Pianos, Clavs & Mor
- User-Voiceable Tonewheels, Leslie Effect
- VX, Farf, and Pipe Organs
- Accordion, Orchestral Sounds, Brass
- Sound production: Organ Section 2-VASE III
- 3 Sets of Drawbars for Manuals & Pedal
- The The SKX has two full sets of nine drawbars on its panel to control the upper and lower manuals. It also has a set of drawbars for the pedal section.
ALTERNATIVE MODELS & PEDAL BOARDS
HAMMOND SK2 – Click image to view on Amazon
Studiologic MP-117 Dynamic 17-Note MIDI Base Pedal Board for MIDI Keyboards – Click image to view on Amazon
HAMMOND SK-5- Click image to view on Amazon
HAMMOND SK1- Click image to view on Amazon
JG3 Tech 24 Note Midi Bass Pedal Foot Controller- Click image to view on Amazon
Hammond XK-1c Portable Keyboard- Click image to view on Amazon